Maintaining a healthy sex drive provides a sense of well-being and happiness. Little wonder it is generally accepted that sex is good for both physical and mental health. Unfortunately, there are other factors in life that can drastically affect the desire for sex that come as a result of lifestyle, diet, schedule, stress, etc. Unexpectedly, hitting an all-time low in sex drive may come out of nowhere sometimes.
Whatever your circumstances, it is possible to fire up your sex drive and, in this guide, we will explore natural ways of doing that.
Eating a balanced, nutrient-rich diet and exercising regularly are two essential components of a healthy lifestyle that can work together in boosting energy, sex drive, and stamina.
- Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Have natural sources of proteins, such as organic turkey and fish.
- Eat healthy fats, such as nuts and avocados.
- Go for complex carbohydrates, such as oats, wheat germ, and quinoa.
- Choose foods with vital nutrients for sex such as zinc, Vitamin B6, and iron.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day.
- Focus on aerobic exercises such as jogging, swimming, and cycling.
- Move about and focus on strength-training exercises as well.
- Join a group or find a partner to keep you motivated.
- Perform Kegel exercises to help with strong ejaculations.
Stress is one of the most common factors that cause a decline in sex drive, especially if present over a long period. It is important to find ways of de-stressing yourself as it can go a long way in protecting your mental and physical health.
- Practice mindfulness. Mindful moments or practices can be quite beneficial in reducing stress levels.
- Talk to a therapist or a coach. When feeling overwhelmed, it is essential to have someone to talk to and get things off your chest.
- Make time for yourself. Free time helps to relax and recharge your mental energy.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Lack of quality sleep can significantly wear down your sex drive.
- Set healthy boundaries. Setting a boundary on how handling stress allows you to be honest and set achievable goals.
Enhance your Libido
There are numerous ways that have been known to increase sexual desire and make sex more pleasurable some of these natural remedies include:
- Take herbs that help boost libido and sexual performance, such as ginseng, damiana, maca root, and horny goat weed.
- Increase your essential nutrient intake like Vitamin B, E, Zinc, and fatty acids.
- Try a testosterone boosting supplement. Testosterone is a hormone that plays an integral role in libido levels and sexual performance.
- Use a stimulant like Muira Puama or Rhodiola Rosea. These stimulants can help improve sexual desire and performance but it is important to read the labels before use.
- Have an aphrodisiac. Aphrodisiacs boost hormonal production within the body and can increase libido too.
Enjoy Foreplay Before Getting to the Bedroom
One of the best ways to fire up your sex drive is by taking the time for foreplay that eventually leads to sex.
- Express Affection. Non-physical activities like random acts of affection help create an intimate connection between partners.
- Take Sexy Baths Together. Taking a nice, relaxing bath together helps build sexual tension.
- Take Time to Give Massages. Giving and receiving a massage helps to boost the release of hormones that increase libido.
- Talk about Sex. Talking to each other about sex helps to express desires honestly and gives each other emotional and physical leads.
- Drink Some Red Wine. Low to moderate amounts of alcohol consumption can enhance sexual arousal.
Maintaining a healthy sex drive is something that can be done naturally, without the need of taking ingredients that might have serious side-effects. Eating healthy foods, exercising regularly, de-stressing yourself, introducing aphrodisiacs and herbal supplements, and practicing foreplay are all very natural methods to fire up your sex drive and enjoy more sexual experiences with your partner.
Despite popular beliefs, you our sex drive can be improved with time and dedication. So, take up the necessary steps and ensure to maintain a healthy relationship with your partner and enjoy the intimate moments.